I am finishing my Ph.D. in Supply Chain and Information Systems at the Pennsylvania State University Smeal College of Business. In August 2011, I will join the Operations Management group in the Krannert Graduate School of Management at Purdue University. During my Ph.D. study, I had the honor to work with my advisors Michael Rothkopf (deceased), Susan Xu and Vijay Krishna in three research areas:
- Auction modeling and analysis
- Supply chain procurement design
- Stochastic inventory models
- Justin Jia, Ronald M. Harstad, and Michael H. Rothkopf, Information Variability Impacts in Auctions, Decision Analysis, Vol. 7, No. 1, March 2010. [PDF]
- Justin Jia, Susan H. Xu, and Daniel Guide, A Remanufacturing Inventory System with Lost Sales: Push, Pull and Hybrid Strategies, under revision for resubmission to Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. [PDF]
- Justin Jia, Optimal Auctioneer Fee Policy, under review at Operations Research.
- Justin Jia, Susan H. Xu, and Kalyan Chatterjee, Technology Diffusion by Imitation in Complex Networks, to be submitted to Management Science.
Works in Progress:
- Competition or Diversification: Managing Dependent Risks in Supply Procurement.
- Competing English Auctions with Bidder Migration.
- An Empirical Study on eBay Fee Policies and Impacts of Internet Sales Taxes.